Following the news since 1972

The North Star

Following the news since 1972

The North Star

Following the news since 1972

The North Star

Annual BikeOsh event May 11

The 8th annual BikeOsh will be held this May on Saturday the 11th. BikeOsh is a city-wide event with the intention of improving biking safety and developing a biking culture within the city of Oshkosh.

This event is a partnership between the city of Oshkosh and the CommunitiesProgram at Oshkosh North High School. The event includes 20 different pit stops locations aroundthe city, featuring local businesses, parks, and other locations.

The event will run from 9am to 12pm with a celebration at the Lakeshore Pavilion (1875 Punhoqua St.) to follow. Participants will receive a pedal pass at their first pit stop which they can then take to the different pit stops around the city to receive raffle tickets for different prize baskets. These will be raffled off during the celebration at the Lakeshore Pavilion. Different from previous years, pit stops will be grouped based on location and participants will be able to obtain an extra ticket if they visit every pit stop in that group.

The goal of this event is to promote a biking culture within Oshkosh, which will lead to drivers being more aware of bikers and more active transportation. Active transportation is more important than ever as over 30% of adults in the state of Wisconsin are considered obese, which can lead to a multitude of health issues.

For more information about this event, or to print off a pedal pass go to the BikeOsh social media pages which can be found on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), and Instagram.
###
About Communities at Oshkosh North High School: Communities is an interdisciplinary, project-based program at Oshkosh North High School offering students a unique way to learn English, social studies, and leadership content and skills through community engagement. Communities students investigate and engage in community problems through collaboration with businesses, organizations, and members of the community in an effort to provide authentic learning experiences while improving the local, national, and global community. To learn more visit www.communitiesonhs.org.