Following the news since 1972

The North Star

Following the news since 1972

The North Star

Following the news since 1972

The North Star

Guide to Homecoming 2023

Check out tips to dress to your best

The homecoming dance will be held this Saturday, October 7, but students don’t have to wait until then to participate in the festivities. From spirit days to the pep rally, the Student Council has planned many ways to stay involved and show spartan pride.Monday: PJ’s/ Comfy Day

Whether it’s wearing the infamous red plaid pajama pants or a shark onesie off Tiktok, this super easy spirit day is a fun (and comfy) start to the week. Make sure to bring an accessory such as a neck pillow, slippers, a blanket, or a stuffed animal.

Tuesday: Neon Day
Embrace your inner 80’s! Show up in your neon clothing. Wear the brightest earrings, hats, shirts, wear whatever you want, as long as we can see you with a black light! Who cares if it doesn’t match, you’ll still shine bright this Tuesday!

Wednesday: Fandom Day
Represent your favorite fandom on Wednesday, dress up in cosplay, wear something for your favorite band, movie, or sports team!

Thursday: Formal/ Fancy Day
Homecoming isn’t the only day you can be fancy. Roll out the red carpet, come to school dressed in your Sunday’s best for Thursday’s theme.

Friday: Class Color day/ Spartan Pride
Show off your Spartan pride by dressing in your class color. Freshmen are white, sophomores yellow, juniors green, and seniors black. Go big or go home!

Also on Friday, the Student Council has special plans to prepare for the football game and dance.

Pep Rally – End of the school day (about 2:30 p.m.)
Make sure to attend the pep rally on Friday, Sept 27 during seventh hour for lots of fun performances and games to get you hyped up for HOCO!
Parade – 5:30 near Titan Stadium
Make sure to hit up Tyler Avenue, at 5:30 Friday night to see the ONHS parade! Come support the staff, clubs, and sports that chose to participate, and of course, grab some candy!
Tailgate – TIME LOCATION
Join ONHS’s student council to participate in lots of fun games before the homecoming football game! Food and drinks will be sold!
– Football Game – 7 p.m.
Support the varsity football team Friday night when they take on Oshkosh West. Be there or be square!

Saturday, prepare for the homecoming dance.
–  HOCO!!
Get your dance on! Homecoming is October 7th, doors open at 8:00 PM. Ticket prices will be raised from $20.00 to $25.00 at the door, so make sure you get them early during lunch.