School store set to open this semester

Dominic Centner, Writer

The Oshkosh North school store is re-opening this spring and will supply North high school students and staff with cool new merchandise, designed by students here at North. 

The store will be run by Leadership teacher Patrick Griffith, Business Education teacher Amee Kurkowski, and North students this semester. 

It has been closed for an extended period of time, though many did not know why.

“Last year and during COVID, it took awhile to get stuff into the store, and it was difficult to find students to work for the store,” Griffith says. “The store has always been available if people wanted to look at merchandise, but it hasn’t been open since before COVID.”

There is no exact date to when the school store will be open, but the staff are considering later into February. 

“The opening date isn’t official yet, but it may be open in February, maybe sooner this month, but it will be cash only during that time. To start, the store will be open 6th and 7th hour. It can be open more hours of the day if students are willing to work during their open hours or study halls,” Griffith says.

The school store’s purpose is to provide students with a sense of school spirit.

Griffith says, “Most students get student merch through school sports or extracurricular activities. The school store is a place where students can get spartan pride merch without being in an extracurricular.” Many students cannot attend extracurricular activities, so this gives students a chance to feel included in Spartan pride in other ways.”

The store will be selling clothing like sweatshirts, shirts, sweatpants and jackets. 

In the future, the students and staff running the store would like to offer more items like hats and shorts.