Drama students to put on “All’s Well in Roswell (isn’t it?)”

Kierstyn Beck

North will put on its first comedy since before the pandemic. The set features a front porch.

Kierstyn Beck, Writer

Are you a believer in aliens? Well the Oshkosh North drama program is putting on “All’s Wells in Roswell (isn’t it?)” May 5-7 at 7 p.m. and May 8 at 1 p.m. in the auditorium. 

In this cheesy comedy set in 1947, an unidentified flying object crashes into a ranch belonging to a man named Ulysses T Boone. He then has his hands full as he has to deal with government agents, his crazy family, reporters, a tv crew shooting an alien movie, and Jake, an alien that has been living on his ranch for years waiting for a ride back to his planet. Will Boones secret be let out? Will Jake ever make it back home? Come to this year’s spring play and find out for yourself.

This will be the school’s first comedy play in years. Drama teacher Jennifer Henselin feels extremely happy to be able to put on this play.

“Laughter is good for the soul no matter the season,¨ she says.

The play is full of unique funny characters. Jim Talent is the clueless, innocent boyfriend that doesn’t have a single thought behind his head while Dell Clancy is a bossy director that just wants the perfect shot.

Originally, Henselin expected “All’s Well in Roswell (isn’t it)” to happen in 2020, but they only got a couple of practices in before the play and school was canceled due to COVID-19. Henselin saw how passionate and willing the cast was to help still try and make the play happen when the school first shut down, so she jumped at the opportunity to make the play happen now. 

“With this play, some old cast members were able to return to their roles or new ones and past cast graduates now have the chance to see the play they were never able to finish,” Henselin says.

Tickets are $7 for adults and free for ONHS and OWHS students with student ID. In addition, if you come to the spaghetti dinner hosted by Communities at Oshkosh North Thursday, May 5 at 5 p.m., you can get a plate of spaghetti, a ticket to the play, and support children affected by war for only $10.