Communities opens Veterans Courtyard

Communities program

On September 25, 2020, a small and socially-distanced group ofCommunities students, staff, administrators, and partners attended the groundbreaking event for the Oshkosh North High School Veterans Courtyard.

Zillges Spa, Landscape, and Fireplace donated all of the materials for the courtyard, and Lieutenant Colonel George Haszel of the US Army Airforce (and former science teacher of Oshkosh North), was honored at the event.

Communities students now have the opportunity to enhance their communication skills as they seek donors to help with the costs of engraving veteran bricks and maintaining the courtyard. The program is also looking to locate alumni and staff of North who are actively serving or are veterans of any branch of the US Armed Forces. Both veterans and donors may fill out a form on our website
(http://www.communitiesonhs.org/onhs-veterans-courtyard.html) to indicate their interest in being included in the courtyard. Veterans may choose a 10×10 brick ($50) or 10×15 ($75) which will be engraved with their name, year of graduation from high school or staff identification, and the specific branch of service emblem.

Donors may choose a 5×9 brick ($75), 10×10 brick ($150), or 10×15 brick ($250) which can be engraved with business or organization names or logos, family names/dedications, and more. All forms must be submitted by October 16, 2020, if veterans and donors wish to have their brick engraved and set in the courtyard by Veterans Day on Wednesday, November 11, 2020. Orders submitted after the October 16 will be installed in the spring.