McAvoy thanks family, friends, teachers

Sarah McAvoy, Writer

After four years at Oshkosh North High School, I can honestly say I don’t know how to feel about leaving. My experience at this school has been quite transformative, and I personally feel it was for the better.

I am more assured of myself as an individual and feel as if I possibly even developed a personality throughout the years. Without a doubt, I can say that I have a much more open mind than when I came into this school and am much more aware of factors I would otherwise be oblivious to.

But truly any change or development should be attributed to the wonderful individuals in my life. From friends and family to the selfless teachers, I wouldn’t be who I am today without their influence on my life.

If it weren’t for all the amazing friends who put up with all of my BS, I wouldn’t be nearly as comfortable with myself as I am today. Or my family always keeping me honest and working towards the best standard for myself.

As for the teachers who always keep me on my toes, a big “Thank You” is in order for all you have helped me achieve. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that I’ve never hated any of my classes or the individuals in charge, despite what you might have thought Mr. Cummings. With help from a handful of amazing individuals, I can only hope that I have gotten my act together enough to have some success in my later life and career.

So, while I am happy to be moving on to new and surprising first, I will miss the comfort and security of ONHS, leaving things feeling a bit mixed.

Now if only I stop procrastinating on everything, then things should keep on the up and up.

I will be attending UW-Madison with nursing as my intended major.