Three North athletes sign to college

Eli Davila, Sports Editor

This year Oshkosh North was lucky to have three student-athletes sign their National Letter of Intent (NLI): Dylan Krumrei, Libby Neveau, and Sydney Supple.

The three athletes have put countless hours into their sports. In addition, they have had a lot of support along the way.

“My parents influenced me the most because they have been there for through the whole journey,” Krumrei said.

Supple agreed.

My parents have been the greatest influences on me throughout this journey in both softball and life. They push me to never stop dreaming and working to make them a reality,” Supple said.

The early signing period is a big day around the nation for many high school student-athlete NLI is a binding agreement between the student-athlete and the institution. In this agreement, the athlete agrees to attend school at the institution for 1 year, and the school agrees to provide financial assistance for one year. Failure for a student-athlete to sign this paper would result in them sitting out the first season of their sport. This letter also tells other schools to stop recruiting the athlete.

This paper on the outside may seem to be not a big deal but is a huge step to a   future, and an exciting one too. This day is a day many student-athletes have been waiting years for this moment and is a sign of all their hard work and time paying off.  

Krumrei said, “Signing Day was special to me. It was a culmination of all the hard work and adversity I’d overcome, but I know this is just the beginning of the work I’m going to have to put in.”

Longtime friends Libby and Sydney got to sign with each other, Neveau said, “Signing day was really important to me because Sydney and I got to make our dreams come true!”

Supple agreed.

“The highlight was being able to sign alongside my best friend Libby Neveau and having my family meant everything to me.”

Supple will be attending Northwestern University to play

Division 1 softball and study, majoring in Broadcast Journalism.

Supple said she choose Northwestern for more than just softball.

I love the people there and how they push their girls to be better players and people. The whole softball team embraces the family culture from alumni to commits like myself, they all look after one another. Most importantly, I fell in love with the school and I knew I wanted to get the best degree I was capable of,” said Supple.

Neveau will be attending Winona State to play Division 2 softball and continue her academic study where she will major as Pre-Physicians Assistant.

Neveau said, “I look forward to everything. I am really excited to push myself in the classroom and focus more on my major as well as push myself on the field and make new friendships.”

Krumrei will be attending Bradley University to play Division 1 college baseball and continue his academic career. Krumrei is undecided on his major.

Krumrei said Bradley felt just right, “Bradley felt like the perfect place for me right as I stepped on campus the coaches, facilities and overall campus feel is really what I liked most.”

Hopefully, after seeing the success of these three seniors, younger student-athletes will commit to achieving their athletic dreams here at North.